[fpc-other] Git & SVN

Thu May 25 16:48:06 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-25 15:34, Sven Barth via fpc-other wrote:
> a core dev). Though we'd need to implement such restrictions anyway no
> matter what we choose for the repo hosted on our own server...

Gitolite is brilliant at directory level, file level, branch level, site
level permissions, private branches support and more. It's very flexible
and uses git to configure itself - so config changes and new repo setups
can be done remotely, and as soon as you do the push the server is
updated and repos are created.

   http://gitolite.com/gitolite/

It is also very simple to install and set up. Also a under 5 minute job.

ps:
   I just thought I would point out that a web interface (Github, Gogs
   and others) are not the only way to do pull requests. In fact,
   pull requests via a email message is much more informative and
   easier for other person to review. This is built into git.

   For more information see:

      $ git help request-pull

   So you guys might want a daemon that scans the fpc-devel and
   fpc-users mailing lists too. That's if you want to cover all
   bases.

Regards,
   Graeme