[fpc-other] Git & SVN

Wed May 24 13:48:28 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-24 12:32, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> missing from the converted repo, at least the one the FPC Team had
> internally. As in, the history wasn't complete. Not sure what that means

The bottom line is, the end result should be identical to what you see
when you do a 'svn co' on any branch, compared to the Git migrated
version. At least this was my case in all the conversions I have done.

Some of the git-svn output is weird though. They sounds more alarming
than they really are. eg: If you had a commit that only changes svn
properties, I believe sometimes git can skip over such commits because
there is no direct translation to Git. But those are generally rare, and
often not an issue, because it was more SVN repo maintenance that
actually tracking changes to files. The latter being way more important.

If the Free Pascal team is ever serious about migrating to Git, I'll
happily help out with the migration process.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/