[fpc-other] Git & SVN

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Wed May 24 03:11:40 CEST 2017

>> You need an SVN server to start working with SVN. With Git, you go to
>> directory, do "git init" and start committing. Everything is local.
>> Not
>> sure how that's not KISS. (You can add a remote later, and then push
>> it, with the full history intact. This remote can even be an SVN
>> repo.)

I'd rather upload/commit files to a server to insure it is backed up
properly...

What happens if your hard drive becomes corrupted and fails, with a
local git?

This has happened to me so many times, hard drives have failed on me (no
knock on wood)

But I'm not so familiar with git so wonder what happens. Don't you
eventually have to start uploading to a server anyway, at some point? As
you cannot trust a hard drive.