[fpc-other] [fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Tue May 23 00:39:53 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-18 10:05, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-05-18 15:58, Reimar Grabowski wrote:
>> A real game would be done differently and then FPC is fast.
>
> Oh, so work around the FPC problem. I get it now. ;-)
>

>> Wanne do PacMan in 160x100 resolution, no problem for FPC.
>
> Check.
>

>> Wanne do something more modern...
>
> Use Java instead. ;-) Check. Oh wait, that's what I did for that
> project.

What about Rust or plain C? Or Digital Mars D?

Biggest problem with C is all the manual memory management, like
strings, for example, that IMO morons waste hours of time on and create
buggy code, all needlessly and unnecessarily.

Or instead of using rust/c/java, simply fix FPC, which is a good
solution IMO, as not only does it speed up some boring game test case,
but fixes other things that people didn't know about which were slowing
down their app.

I don't see how ZenGL and Andorra3D have been able to succeed as game
engines with all these performance issues in the RTL/compiler? Did they
work around them and swap in their own faster code, instead of reporting
the bug/issue to the fpc bug reporting?

Indeed it is not exactly a bug but could just be correct code that is
slow.