[fpc-other] Your thoughts on cloud based server instances?

Sat Mar 11 13:53:24 CET 2017

On 2017-03-11 12:20, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In most Dutch cities too. I'm currently on 60/60mbps for 65 eur/month triple
> play. (fullhd TV, internet, telephone landline).

VirginMedia has very good triple deals and download speeds. I used to
have 160Mbps down with full HD TV and phone for £30/month. Unfortunately
only a 1.8Mbps up-link.

Then we moved house, and when Virgin finally connected my home (almost 2
years later), I got a 120Mbps connection that dropped to 1Mbps every
single day between 4pm-10pm due to over subscribing and too small
infrastructure. Totally useless, and at the time you need it most
(Netflix and YouTube in the evenings), so switched back to my previous
provider, and it the process lost my static IPv4 address because my
contract lapsed. Then I got the news that they don't offer static IP's
any more. I was pissed off to say the least.

Hence me hunting for a better solution than a Dynamic IP address setup
to host some servers.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/