[fpc-other] Your thoughts on cloud based server instances?

Sat Mar 11 01:48:46 CET 2017

On 2017-03-10 22:54, Andreas Berger wrote:
> Graeme, a question about Vultr. I looked at it superficially and didn't
> see the answer, but you obviously studied the package well. Can I use
> the VPS for data storage as well.

Yes you can. From what I understand, all the VPS's are unmanaged VM's,
so it is 100% up to you what you want to do with it.

Take a look at the following URL which lists the VPS packages. The
smallest package ($2.50/month) gives you 20GB of hard drive space - I
assume you will have to deduct a few GB's for the OS install itself, but
that should still leave plenty of space available. The next package up
($5/month) includes 25GB have harddrive space. With each additional
package the storage gets more.

  https://www.vultr.com/pricing/

They also include an option for you to purchase additional storage, no
matter the package you choose.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/