[fpc-other] fpc and voip.

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:43:19 CET 2017

>> I see IceCast that is from the same developer Xiph.Org Foundation
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiph.Org_Foundation> than Opus codec and

>> there is also a fpc-icecast package.

> Starting with an iceCast server is a good starting point to understand
> the background. I think fpc-icecast package is a server control package,
> so you can control an iceCast server.

Hello fpc-voip fans.

Ok, IceCast is ok to be the main audio-streaming-server.

Now, for sending data to IceCast there is:

IceS: It is a executable that can sent data from local opus-ogg files or the sdtin input sent to the sound-card.
Nice but... I loose control, I can not choose what to give to the server, it is all what goes out of the soundcard or nothing...

A other solution is to use libshout:
https://github.com/xiph/Icecast-libshout

I have already translated the shout.h header into fpc Pascal. It works.
I am busy to annoy libshout forum to have some demo how to use their library (aargh, sad to not give demos when you create a project).

PS: Of course if there are some libshout or IceCast gurus around here, your advices are welcome.

Fre;D