[fpc-other] fpc and voip.

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:21:20 CET 2017

Envoyé : vendredi 3 février 2017 10:17
À : fpc-other at lists.freepascal.org
Objet : Re: [fpc-other] fpc and voip.

Hi Fred,

I didn't follow the whole discussion... So what is Opus? A new open
source alternative to MP3, OGG etc?  How long has it been around, or is
it very new (possibly untested [by the masses] technology).

Regards,
  Graeme

_________________________________________________-

Hello Graeme.

Opus is a audio codec open source that is a alternative to mp3 and wav.
It is also perfect for voip because it has a special compression for voice.

At encoding you may choose for voice or music compression.

Opus is very new, the first release was in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_(audio_format)

> possibly untested [by the masses] technology

Huh, it is absolutely possible. The extremely rare (in fact nothing) demos or examples prove it.
I am like you, before that Jose suggest Opus as much better alternative for mp3 to do voip, I did not knew Opus.

Fre;D