[fpc-other] [fpc-pascal] Google Code closing down

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 15:54:58 CET 2015

Hello Martin,

On 2015-03-16 14:35, Martin Frb wrote:
>> > A simple git alias can do that for you all in one command. ;-)
> And in a GUI? The only GUI on windows that was to my taste, is Tortoise.

And exactly why I don't bother with 3rd party GUI frontends. They *all*
lack git features.

I found SmartGit (Java based but uses SWT toolkit so looks native
everywhere) tolerable for basic commits and reviewing the commit log.
But as soon as you get to things like cherry-picking, rebase, rebase
--onto, commit only specific changed lines of code from a file, SVN repo
integration etc... Then those GUI's just stumble or are more complex and
confusing than the command line. [my personal opinion obviously]

Regards,
  Graeme