[fpc-other] [fpc-pascal] Google Code closing down

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Mar 16 12:24:39 CET 2015

> > A better metric might be finding somebody who offers a selection of VCS
> > protocols (possibly with a common backend- I believe such things exist?)
> > and then looking at the relative use for checkouts etc.
>
> You can start by looking at the following Wikipedia page
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_source_code_software_hosting_facilities
>
> See the "Popularity" section. GitHub sits and 19.8mil projects.

If you look on the github referenced page, its repositories, not projects.
The translation to projects is wikipedias own.

The fact that github+gitlab  projects >people and by others the other way
around should ring a bell.

I get the feeling these stats are meaningless because github has a large
excess of personal repositories that skews stats, while sf was more
collaboration oriented.