[fpc-other] Yet another mainframe emulator

Saunders, Rich greymont at mykolab.com
Tue Oct 8 15:54:57 CEST 2013

Thanks for the correction about descriptor architecture. I thought you
were referring to the file system tagging stuff.

I would hope that someday the good ideas of the past would find their
way back into general use.

I also remember some really awesome attributes of VMS that have been
discarded. At least HP has been keeping OpenVMS alive so people can
actually see what it can do. Probably the most secure and reliable OS in
general use today. 17 year cluster uptime? Amazing.

--

Cheers!
Rich Saunders