[fpc-other] Re: [fpc-pascal] [OT] Sven, don't defect to the dark side!

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 13 23:12:26 CET 2013

On 13.03.2013 13:54, Paul Breneman wrote:
> Sven Barth wrote:
>> ReactOS can be started in a headless mode (or at least it could be). It
>> will then start the GUI only if a GUI application is encountered.
>
> Can you provide any more details or links?

In theory it should be sufficient to add the parameter "/CONSOLE" to the
options command line in C:\freeldr.ini, but this does not work anymore
(tested with a ~1 week old trunk version). I've looked a bit through the
code of win32csr and the code for switching between CLI and GUI is still
in place, but it seems that the start of WinLogon is the problem (which
will create the desktop object, etc)... I've not yet managed to employ
the correct registry changes to not start WinLogon (and also not crash
the system), so I can't comment any further... :(

Regards,
Sven