[fpc-other] Re: [fpc-pascal] Re: Shootout: k-nucleotide implementation (was: Which programming language is fastest?)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat May 14 15:43:50 CEST 2011

On 14 May 2011, at 13:22, Bernd Kreuss wrote:

> They seem to have put a ban on me or on the mere mentioning of the topic
> of optimizing a certain piece of FPC code on the mailinglistm, even
> though I explicitly changed the thread topic.

As I also replied to your mail sent to fpc-pascal-owner:

***
That topic [optimizing a certain piece of FPC code] is not banned per se. In fact, I let through a few initial messages after I had put in place a subject line filter, because they were indeed only about that. I completely agree that it was not consistent to later on reject all messages in that thread. That's also why it took a few days, because I was not sure about what to do.

The problem was that several messages mixed advocacy discussions with optimizing discussions, and that several people did already go through the trouble to subscribe to fpc-other and post their remarks to that list after the initial mail asking to continue the discussion there. Since I had to be inconsistent regarding at least one of the two parties, it seemed most appropriate to proceed along the lines of the request in the original mail I sent asking to move the discussion to fpc-other.

You are not placed in moderation mode, only (part of) the subject line of the thread you were posting in.
***

Jonas