[fpc-other] Re: [fpc-devel] Parallel processing in the compiler

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Sep 6 10:31:30 CEST 2010

Am 06.09.2010 10:17, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 6 September 2010 10:04, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I forgot that you don't like easy to use software.
>
> I'm using FPC and Lazarus, aren't I?  ;-)

Indeed, rather strange ...

>> Oh really? Strangly enough other software works fine on my system :)
>
> Nothing strange really. Windows behaviour is so random, nobody can
> predict how Windows will behave next.

At least it behaves, other OSes misbehave ;)

>> Sometimes one can guess from the look of a software (yes, git gui looks
>> poor) on its quality.
>
> You should know the old saying: Don't judge a book my it's cover.
>
> Have you ever seen cad engineering software

And even there is applies. CATIA, one of the top cad systems, looks very
nice.

> or machine control/monitor
> software.
> They all look pretty crap to me (UI interface), yet with the
> correct person driving those software, it works like a dream to them.

Yes, I know this kind of software: only if you know all its pitfalls and
avoid them, you can use it like a dream and that's what I call crap.

> Anyway Florian, nice to see I'm off your "junk mail" filter.  ;-)

You're only filtered directly to "FPC gelesen" for a few weeks already,
sometimes I look through it :)