[fpc-other] Fork

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 12:47:50 CEST 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

>> personally, if I wanted to do something major with fpc, I'd not bother
>> trying to get it integrated to the main branch, I'd spawn my own
>> project, call it something else, and make it clear that it comes from
>
> It seems more and more people are thinking like that. This seems to be true
> in the Lazarus project as well. This should raise some alarm bells for the
> FPC and Lazarus project members, but they seem to be purposely oblivious to
> this fact. There seems to be something majorly wrong with how these
> projects are managed. I blame it on the "god complex" factor, but that's
> just me speculating.

Regardless of the reasons, a separate git repository would allow for any
number of additional contributions. My problem still is how to set up
such a repository, for public use, and how to sync it with the SVN
trunk. Can your fpc/Lazarus git repository be used for that purpose, or
can another repository refer to and stay in sync with it?

DoDi