[fpc-other] Fork

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Thu Oct 21 23:58:29 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-21 23:47, Florian Kl=E4mpfl wrote:
> This is wrong. If a big change promises significant advantages for FPC =

> users, it will be done.
The qualifier 'significant' (above and below) is far too subjective =

sometimes to even have a hope of arriving at a common ground.

But, I'll take my chaces and point at DoDi's alternative parsers proposal.

To me, it does sound like quite a significant advantage.

But, apparently, not so for you...
> Things like turning the parser upside down simply don't have an =

> significant advantage for users.
About the 'significant advantage' bit, see above.

If with the new parser design we can produce exactly the same binaries =

and it handles all the source code that the current compiler does, why =

does it matter which way up the parser stands?

-- =

Cheers,

Adem