[fpc-other] Pascal dialect -- was: Re: fpc-pascal Digest, Vol 72, Issue 12

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 08:02:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why didn't you just say that from the start!  ;-)
> I get the picture now. No official (think ISO) standards exist for
> Object Pascal, so go with the second best option.

I have read superficially the ISO Standards for Pascal and I couldn't
find a significant description about the Run-Time Library except for
basic stuff like WriteLn:

http://www.pascal-central.com/standards.html

It seams to me that they only standarize the language itself,
something which could be done adding a {$Mode ExtPascal} or something.

Having said that, think that Object Pascal as we know it should also
have a standard.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho