[fpc-other] Discussing new features (was: [fpc-devel] is that intended? private type section in classes versus visibility)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 12 18:21:48 CEST 2010

On 12 Aug 2010, at 17:57, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 10:41 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> Just because I discussed something, doesn't mean I will implement it
>> immediately. I have a large todo list, and items that make it onto my todo
>> list, DO get implemented (in my own time).
>
> This approach will lead to a lot of wasted time of the core developers.
> They have to discuss all kinds of ideas, but none of them get
> implemented.

Please try to avoid making statements that can be construed as representing the opinion of "the core developers". Even in case everyone would agree with what you say, not everyone (in this case: I) may feel as strongly about it, or people may be uncomfortable with how you express your opinion or the moment at which you do it.

In general, everyone speaks for themselves on these mailing lists, other than when announcing new releases or other coordinated announcements.

Jonas