[fpc-other] Re: [fpc-pascal] OT: Buy a Mac to develop for MacOS? Which one?

Lukas Gradl fpc at ssn.at
Sat Oct 11 20:22:10 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
> If you intend to use Lazarus you need Mac OS X 10.4 or superior as far
> as I remember.

Now, thats really important as I use Lazarus as editor...

> I have had very good success in the opposite direction for emulation.
> I bougth Parallels Desktops and it emulates Windows wonderfully, with
> mouse integration, reads cdrom, networking works, even managed to get
> images from my phone! It also emulates Linux reasonably well, but not
> as good.

I'm mainly on linux - we use windows only for accounting, as the used
software is available for windows only.
The linux machines will stay the main ones - the MacOS-Box will be just
for compiling and testing an app - main development will occur still on
the linux boxes.

Thanks for your answer!

Lukas

--