[fpc-other] Other IDEs

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 12:46:49 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> Turbo Pascal 5?
>
> I think you don't know what Lazarus is. Every once in a while someone
> takes a look at the Free Pascal IDE and thinks it is Lazarus.

I agree. I think people get confused between Lazarus IDE (GUI based
and separate project) and the Free Pascal IDE (console based)
programs.

> This is Lazarus:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Image:Lazarusmac0.9.25.jpg
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Image:Lazarus_Windows_XP.PNG

And the Linux screenshot... ;-)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Lazarus_software_sshot.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_(software)

Paul, I believe you got confused. I cleaned by glasses and double
checked... and still can't see the resemblance of the Lazarus IDE to
Turbo Pascal.   ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -