[fpc-other] Re: [fpc-pascal] Re: Porting linux to pascal, would it be possible ?

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Sat Dec 6 12:48:09 CET 2008

Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> Also note that Linux depends so heavily on GCC that I can't see it being
>> compiled even by another C compiler. There are so many gcc (part of
>
> To be honest, I doubt it would be that different if we did it with FPC,
> seeing how much problems Delphi already has to compile FPC code.

Indeed, but my point was that even if C was designed for writing
operating systems, Linux still uses a lot of extensions (and rightly so,
it makes it safer and better). So, if they use extensions for C, then a
couple of extensions to fpc would certainly make it very suitable as
well for this task.

Micha