[fpc-devel] "Blank slate" next version of FPC

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sun Feb 24 17:23:00 CET 2019

> On Feb 24, 2019, at 10:48 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas at freepascal.org> wrote:
>

> It's is an inherent part of the "class" feature. Without it, any exception that gets thrown in a constructor (or in any code called by a constructor) will cause memory leaks.

Not very useful if we don’t use exceptions though. :) I still don’t understand why exceptions aren’t enabled with a mode switch like advanced records or type helpers especially considering everyone that uses classes is now paying a price for it (without even knowing!).

>> (one of the reasons I don’t stress about feature bloat like in other languages). I would suggest we make this a compilers switch that is on by default but can be disabled.
>
> You can disable these exception frames with {$implicitexceptions off}. If you want to disable it for TObject, you have to recompile the system unit with that switch, since the code for TObject's c

How can I test to verify if this works or not? Martin makes it sound like there’s some other considerations for subclasses.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph