[fpc-devel] "Blank slate" next version of FPC

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sat Feb 16 08:29:40 CET 2019

 Hm, fair enough.  Seems a bit strange to not like a new feature, although
Delphi did start getting a bit bloated in places.  Ah well!
Compatibility is never a bad thing though!
 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Sat 16/02/19 08:27 , Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org sent:
 On 16/02/19 01:37, J. Gareth Moreton wrote:
 > One thing that does spring to mind though.,, what features of Delphi and

 > FPC made the language unsuitable for Martin Schreiber, and is it
 > anything we developers can possibly address in some way?

 He did not like new language features and RTL changes added by Delphi in
 newer versions (generics, codepage-aware strings, RTL switched to
 unicode string), and FPC's goal to remain Delphi-compatible.

 Jonas

Links:
------
[1] mailto:fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org