[fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Feb 15 12:52:58 CET 2019

El 6/2/19 a les 18:51, Sven Barth via fpc-devel ha escrit:

> Would you nevertheless try with 3.2, please? Just in case it happens to
> be the problem I had fixed in regards to Queue().

With fpc from the fixes_3_2 branch, revision 41310, and lazarus from the
fixes_2_0 branch revision 60414 it has been running for hours with no issue.

Mind me, that's not an absolute guarantee that it's working: I had the
same program compiled with fpc 3.0.4/lazarus 1.8.4 running all night
without triggering the issue, then I tried to introduce some randomness
in the companion test program (that simulates an hardware I/O module I
use in the field) and I could trigger it in a few minutes.

However, even if it's really fixed, I'm still worried: the changes in
the threading code should only be relevant for Queue, not for Synchronize.
I hope it's not just luck and there are fixes in other areas of the
compiler/rtl/lazarus that are affecting the outcome.

Bye
--
Luca