[fpc-devel] What's the status of Maciej's Smart Pointer enhancements?

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Tue May 1 22:50:22 CEST 2018

> I can imagine that checking such a field will be more fast than actually
>>> calling a routine. This is just a thought, if you had already considered
>>> such a thing, I would like to hear why you discarded it, for my
>>> education.
>>>

>> this is exactly what is done in FastRTTI
>>

> Yes, I imagined this answer. Allow me to ask further questions:
>
> You are adding - please correct me if I am wrong - a complete new table
> to the binary, for every class. What does this table contain if no
> management operators are used ?

Dear Sir, all was explained in core mailing list (about FastRTTI) and in
fpc-devel (about management operators), even if some detail was not clear
enough you had many occasions to ask.

If you was able to imagine previous answer I think that you can imagine my
next answer so let me not answering on your request because you already
know the answer (the answer already exist in your imagination). First you
told that my solution is :

 - simply not convincing
 - FastRTTI is tricky
 - I should find a solution just a little harder
 - you are talking that: things are rammed through our throat which we
didn't ask for
 - you are asking for a solution that satisfies everyone (finally every
other person can contribute)

After something like this, without basic knowledge about my work, now you
are asking for details ? In addition :

 - in core and in public lists you are writing many strange things all the
time, like for example that I am drunk, etc (about other topics but this is
general manner of your personal culture)
 - I had ban from you on G+ in "FreePascal Foundation" group (some time
ago, only because I was author of NewPascal)
 - you are thinking that all my work for FPC is bad (or most of work,
without basic knowledge about details)

I have one clear answer for you (especially that you are the "core member")
:

I have no time for you anymore because I have more important things to do
than blabbing with you.

Best wishes and good luck!

--
Best regards,