[fpc-devel] x86_64-win64 compilation failure

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Fri Jun 1 20:02:19 CEST 2018

 It seems to have been fixed now after I did a manual deletion of all .o
and .ppu files.  Not sure what that was all about.  Sorry to waste
anyone's time - emergency over.

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Fri 01/06/18 18:35 , "J. Gareth Moreton" gareth at moreton-family.com
sent:
  Okay, it probably is just me, because it happens even on a branch that I
haven't merged with the main repository yet.  I have no idea how to fix
this though.  Any ideas?  A full distclean of the main FPC directory and
the compiler doesn't do anything.

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Fri 01/06/18 18:24 , "J. Gareth Moreton" gareth at moreton-family.com
sent:
  Hi everyone,

 I think the latest version of the compiler on SVN is broken.  I tried
getting a clean copy from the repository, but running the script fails with
the following on x86_64-win64:

 system.pp(123,5) Error: Asm: [sub reg64,imm8s] invalid combination of
opcode and operands
 system.pp(126,5) Error: Asm: [call reg64] invalid combination of opcode
and operands
 system.pp(127,5) Error: Asm: [nop] invalid combination of opcode and
operands
 system.pp(128,5) Error: Asm: [add reg64,imm8s] invalid combination of
opcode and operands
 x86_64.inc(89,12) Error: Compilation raised exception internally
 Fatal: Compilation aborted
 An unhandled exception occurred at $0000000100226D8F:
 EAccessViolation: Access violation

 (followed by the stack trace of addresses)
 All those assembler commands should be valid.
 Can anyone else confirm that it's broken, or if it's just me?

 Gareth aka. Kit

Links:
------
[1] mailto:fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org