[fpc-devel] FPProfiler

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 10:21:48 CET 2018

Florian Klampfl to Anton Shepelev:

>>Why is not FPProfiler shipped as a binary with the
>>standard FreePascal distribution?
>>
>>Why does FPProfiler seem to depend on Lazarus?
>
>Is it usable meanwhile?

I have not tried it, but asked this question when  I
found  it  missing  from the FreePascal distribution
and requiring Lazarus to build.  If it  is  as  good
as,  or better than, gprof then it is certainly use-
ful for me.  The XML output format  is  an  overhead
for direct reading, so I should prefer an option for
plain-text output.  If it is ported to vanilla  FPC,
I may try to implement it myself.

>I  think it was initially planned to be included in
>lazarus.  But if it is worth to be included in FPC,
>we can do so.

Please,  do.   Begin a generic tool, a profiler that
need not be limited to a specific IDE.

--
Please, do not forward replies to the list to my e-mail.