[fpc-devel] Question about Word128

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Aug 7 16:11:52 CEST 2018

 I think there was talk at one point about implementing Float128 (or
"Quadruple") for Free Pascal, mostly for internal compiler purposes.  For
OWords though (or is it EWords or DQWords?) I think a library or package
will be better initially.  Still, it might be something to consider if
Intel or another processor manufacturer introduce 128-bit number functions
for XMM registers and equivalent.

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Tue 07/08/18 10:09 , Sven Barth via fpc-devel
fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org sent: