[fpc-devel] Wrong docs: not initialized global variables

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Apr 4 10:47:53 CEST 2018

On 25.03.2018 16:28, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 2018-03-25 00:09, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
>> Why do I get the compiler warning when the variable is indeed
>> guaranteed to be initialized to nil/empty string?
>
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=24601

Very good bug report.

I would lower the level of notification for "trivial: string" to a hint.
It is nonsense to emit the same level of notification (warning) for
dangerous code ("serious: integer") and valid code ("trivial: string").

Warnings are something to care about, the "trivial: string" case is not.

Ondrej