[fpc-devel] First pas2js public release

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 18 20:51:59 CET 2017

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 20:16:03 +0100
Benito van der Zander <benito at benibela.de> wrote:

>[...]
> But recently I have started to change everything to pointers.
>
> For example when you have an array and want a subrange without the first
> element of the array, you can either copy almost everything in a new
> array, or just use a pointer to the second element.
>
> Or in my XQuery interpreter I used interfaces to get ref counting, but
> at many places the ref counting was too slow, so I replaced it with
> pointers to interfaces.

js has different runtimes. Some things are slow some things are simple
and fast. If you need speed you have to use different tricks than on
an assembly target.

Your pointers work for some cases, but not for all. They are fast on
some browsers, on others not so much.
I agree with Michael, that this has low priority.

Mattias