[fpc-devel] Allow record helper inheritance in Delphi mode

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 31 14:55:32 CEST 2017

Am 31.08.2017 12:07 schrieb "Ondrej Pokorny" <lazarus at kluug.net>:

> On 29.08.2017 22:30, Maciej Izak wrote:
>>

>>> Btw. record helpers support inheritance in all modes but Delphi. It
doesn't make sense to disallow it for record helpers but allow it for type
helpers... Too overcomplicated without any plus value :/

>> what if Delphi will decide to introduce some new exotic
syntax/extension/feature for "record helper"?

> Yeah, they might enable record helper inheritance for example :P (Record
helper inheritance was documented to work for about 7 years since Delphi
2007 until XE6
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/Class_and_Record_Helpers_(Delphi)
).

Huh? I had developed the feature while testing with Delphi XE and there
record helpers did not support inheritance, only class helpers did. So as
long as you don't provide prove I'd say that this is a documentation bug.

Regards,
Sven