[fpc-devel] Allow record helper inheritance in Delphi mode

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Tue Aug 29 22:18:37 CEST 2017

On 29.08.2017 22:06, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> And actually, duplication of effort has a good side: in a way, the IDE
> independently 'checks' the working of the compiler.

Unfortunately the reality is the other way round: the compiler checks
the working of CodeTools :)

Positive is that CodeTools understand 99.9% of code (apart from
generics). So yes, the big task is to make CodeTools understand
generics. Everything else is either already implemented or easy to add.

Btw. I miss compiler support of anonymous methods much more than
CodeTools support of generics.

Ondrej