[fpc-devel] SysUtils.GetEnvironmentVariable(String) still uses GetEnvironmentVariableA

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon May 23 16:23:15 CEST 2016

Michael Van Canneyt wrote on Mon, 23 May 2016:

> The typecase will not help you, since the result is an ansistring.
> The result will still be crippled.

It would help when DefaultSystemCodePage is changed to UTF-8, as Lazarus does.

> The only solution for this is a unicode RTL.

That is incorrect, since as he wrote the unicodestring version of
GetEnvironmentVariable() already exists in our RTL today. It's just
that it's only used if you pass it a unicodestring argument, which
won't be be the case in most Lazarus programs by default.

Jonas