[fpc-devel] Undefined symbol: SYSTEM_::=::\_DELETE compiler error

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:27:33 CEST 2016

Am 17.06.2016 13:09 schrieb "Ondrej Pokorny" <lazarus at kluug.net>:

> Hello!
>
> One of my projects doesn't compile with current FPC trunk. I get this
error:

> MyProj.lpr(23,1) Error: Undefined symbol:
SYSTEM_::=::\_DELETE$RAWBYTESTRING$LONGINT$LONGINT

> It used to compile fine. Also other projects compile. Does anybody have
an idea what I am doing wrong or what should I change?

> (Btw. a simple project:
>
> var
>   a: RawByteString;
> begin
>   Delete(a, 1, 2);
> end;
>
> compiles also fine.)

Are you sure all units you use were rebuild? I recently converted Insert
and Delete to be intrinsics so the missing symbol could be due to units
that were not rebuild...
Note to self: increase the PPU version in such cases as well to force a
recompilation.

Regards,
Sven