[fpc-devel] fpc svn trunk building fails

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Sun Jun 5 10:24:31 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Sun, 5 Jun 2016, Sandro Cumerlato wrote:

> fpc svn trunk version 33910 building fails with error:
> *..snip..*
>        Compiling .\fcl-db\src\export\fpxmlxsdexport.pp
>        Compiling .\fcl-db\src\sqldb\interbase\fbadmin.pp
> The installer encountered the following error:
> Compilation of "BuildUnit_fcl_db.pp" failed
> make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/freepascal/fpc/trunk/packages'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/freepascal/fpc/trunk'

Actually, another issue is, since when does fpmake hide the compiler
output on failures? Because fbadmin.pp is obviously broken, so there
should be compiler errors. For a starter, it has the wrong unit name
(fbadmin2), but even with that fixed, it doesn't compile.

But there isn't a single line of error message in the fpmake output,
while there used to be (IIRC)...

> Please take a look.

Actually, we should have automated builds, so these kind of breakages are
noticed, but thanks for the report anyway. :)

Charlie