[fpc-devel] Initialize/Finalize management operators and Default intrinsic

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:16:05 CEST 2016

Looks really good. Why did you feel the need to have IDE integration? From
my perspective (having written a game toolkit) the only point I needed IDE
integration was a project template to add a reference to my game engine
package and create a source code file. All the tools which can be used to
work with a game engine, such as an asset manager to add/remove textures,
models, sound clips, scripts, and animation storyboard are best written as
tools external to the IDE. That is you can slice up an image into sprites
textures without needing to open the IDE.

Anyhow if your still interested in this stuff I'm using SDL 2 and GL ES 2
which works across all platforms. Mostly I like the idea of using this
stuff for 2D games, with 3D capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUB4pqRLjY