[fpc-devel] new features and facilities

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 8 18:54:14 CEST 2015

Am 08.10.2015 17:43 schrieb "Ondrej Pokorny" <lazarus at kluug.net>:

> On 08.10.2015 17:37, MohsenTi wrote:
>>
>> I know this issue but with changing some of structures, I can implement
it and now I only want testing adding features to compiler and don't care
about backward compatibility,just testing.

>> I added some changes to compiler functions and classes like
pstatmnt.while_statement and nflw.twhilerepeatnode but need more
information about functions and units.

> And what about the inline if? That should be backwards compatible at a
first glance. And it would be a fun thing because the Delphi community has
asked for it for many years and Embarcadero looks like they won't add it at
all :)

I had the idea to implement inline-if as well. I think the syntax I
selected is derived from Oxygene, but it looks very Pascal and shouldn't
break anything:

left := if expr1 then expr2 else expr3;

Thereby expr1 returns Boolean and expr2 determines the type of the whole
inline-if, thus expr3 needs to be compatible to expr2.

Regards,
Sven