[fpc-devel] {$INLINE off}

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat May 9 20:54:36 CEST 2015

On 09/05/2015 19:25, Sven Barth wrote:
> On 09.05.2015 18:12, Martin Frb wrote:
>> Are there any known conditions, in which inlining is applied, despite a
>> {$INLINE off}
>> on top of the unit?
>> (fpc trunk and 2.6.4)
>
> $INLINE OFF only tells the compiler not to generate inlining
> information for functions (either explicitely using "inline" or
> automatically because the autoinline optimization is enabled). It does
> however not stop the compiler from inlining methods that /do/ have
> inline information (because they are from a different unit for example).

It does not work for me in units. fpc trunk r30815.

If I copy all the code into the main project, then it works (and I get
all the hints, about inlining disabled.).

But the above, stopping with the debugger, and stepping in:
- there is on "call" instruction from "main" to "x1"
- and then there is no further call, the body of this function already
has the writeln
yet it should have calls to the other methods.