[fpc-devel] Pascal Standard, and what we can do.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 15:22:06 CEST 2015

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Typing was never the limiting factor in programming,

Surely you're joking. Do you really claim that there has ever been any
excuse for this sort of terseness, except for minimising keyboard work?

A0: R := INSYMBOL;
A1: IF F[S[I]] > G[R] THEN GO TO A2;
  IF R = MARK THEN GO TO A9;
  I := J := I+1; S[I] := R; MOVE(NAME, V[I]); GO TO A0;
A2: IF F[S[J-1]] = G[S[J]] THEN BEGIN J := J-1; GO TO A2 END;
  M := MTB[S[J]];
A3: IF PRTB[M] = 0 THEN BEGIN ERROR(5); GO TO EXIT END;
  N := J;

And that's Wirth's code, by the way.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd