[fpc-devel] Enable LLVM?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jul 14 10:13:26 CEST 2015

Den wrote:
> Ah, thanks for giving me a heads up Jonas. I'll have to wait and see
> where it goes then. Do you have a page/blog where I can keep up to date
> with your progress/roadmap of it? :)

No, just the svn commit log. The status right now is that the system
unit for Darwin/x86-64 can be mostly compiled and "assembled" (i.e., the
generated LLVM IR can be successfully parsed by llc -- although since it
doesn't get completely to the end, I may not have seen all errors for
code coming before that yet) other than
a) RTTI
b) inline assembler
c) get_frame
d) trampolines for interface methods

RTTI is not that difficult to solve (just work to convert ncgrtti to the
high level typed constant infrastructure), but the others are fairly
hard problems.

Jonas