[fpc-devel] Future of FPCUP tool

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 07:02:50 CET 2015

I've tried fpcup a few times in the past and have always had problems with
it not working as expected. I current;y maint what I think is a well formed
set of scripts for mac, linux, and mac installers on githhub:

https://github.com/sysrpl/Codebot.Setup/blob/master/linux/install.fpc-3.0.linux.sh#L134-147

The scripts could easily be modified to accept branch/revisions, though I
really don't think the public should be bogging down subversion servers to
get source code. Instead it should be mirror in a CDN backed by storage
service like Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, ect which provide much faster
and cheaper file distribution than any subversion server could hope for.

By the way, my scripts already pull from an S3 cloudfront distribution. All
I think we need is a simple script to perform regular auto copies from SVN
to S3 or Google Cloud Storage and we're done.