[fpc-devel] RTTI interface & variant late binding issue (mORMot)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Feb 7 13:54:37 CET 2015

On Sat, 7 Feb 2015, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 07/02/15 11:58, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>> Just an idea: What about serializing TCGPara/TCGParalocation?
>
> The main issue I see with that is that this format changes from time to
> time. I'll probably have to change it again to fully support the ppc64le
> ABI.

Nevertheless, Florian's proposal seems to me like the optimal solution.

As far as I can see the compiler just needs to simply write a small
block with the needed info in the generated executable.
The RTL just needs to match this.

That this changes from time to time, I consider much less of a problem.
The .ppu files also change regularly, that is just how things are...

As soon as a new platform appears you need to wait for libffi etc;
the correct version needs to be installed and whatnot.
I doubt this will cause less problems.

Michael.