[fpc-devel] RTTI interface & variant late binding issue (mORMot)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Feb 6 09:49:14 CET 2015

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015, Alfred wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> While enjoying variant late binding for a couple of month now, I would like to ask for an update on the status of RTTI.
>
> The mORMot developer has designed a work-around for the missing RTTI. This works well.
> But it would be (much) nicer to be able to use RTTI without workaround.
>
> Does anybody have some info about the status of this (feature) request ?

If you are referring to http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26774

Work on it was started by Steve Hildebrandt, but I got the impression that
due to the cross-platform nature of FPC he ran into some problems.
I may be wrong, though.
I do not know enough about the compiler internals to assess the situation.

Michael.