[fpc-devel] "Signals"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Sep 26 12:08:24 CEST 2014

On 09/26/2014 11:36 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>  so that we're not groping in the dark based on your account of his
> recollection of the rumours he's picked up from sources that might not
> be reliable.
I was just trying to help fpc to be a winner (here and elsewhere). ;-)

In fact it seems that he was wrong assuming this to be a language
feature. The experts here state that it's just library stuff that - of
course - can be used / implemented via fpc.

Of course the colleague was not able to clearly distinguish between fpc
and Lazarus. But we obviously are in the wrong forum here, as the
"culprit" seems to be the inability of Lazarus LCL to do event driven
programming in threads. Obviously a library with this feature can be
created (the "closed" design of TThread - that includes a single
main-thread event queue - in the RTL might force creating an alternative
Thread container object though.)

-Michael