[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Wed Sep 24 04:47:36 CEST 2014

Hmm... I have serious doubt the anonymous methods (actually referenced objects as previously discussed) will be discouraged.
If anything they are more and more used across the majority of the languages, as they have huge advantages. As discussed a single anonymous method can, and usually does replace a whole class declaration and implementation, so the chance of them being discouraged is very slim.
We have converted the majority of our code to use them in the last 2 years, and that reduced the code to 1/4 of the original size.
All new code we write in my company is 100% anonymous methods centric.
So far this has worked well for us, but sure the future will show who is right on this one ;-) .

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
www.mitov.com