[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Sun Sep 21 06:08:19 CEST 2014

That is easy. it gets incremented when it gets assigned. The running threads
have no way of accessing it if there is no reference (assignment) already in
place.
Indeed that is how it works in Delphi, and BTW: that is how Strings work in
Delphi and FPC the last time I checked ;-) .

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
www.mitov.com