[fpc-devel] RTTI generating

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 12:11:35 CEST 2014

Sven Barth schrieb:
> Am 20.09.2014 01:52 schrieb "Hans-Peter Diettrich" <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com

>  > It's up to the coder to make all properties etc. published, when he
> *intends* to ever use RTTI on them. That't the way to tell the compiler
> what to do.

> The extended RTTI introduced with Delphi 2010 allows you to even query
> private fields if the class developer decided to enable data generation
> for that.

AFAIK it works in the opposite direction: the developer must *exclude*
explicitly, in *every* unit, what should *not* be subject to extended
RTTI. That's my strongest point against (Delphi) extended RTTI, while
RTTI by itself is okay for me.

I think that it's time to resume the work on my Delphi decompiler. I
never published it before, but now it looks like it's time to wake up
the XE coders, like the VB3 coders decades ago.

DoDi