[fpc-devel] RTTI generating

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 20 09:53:54 CEST 2014

Am 20.09.2014 00:46 schrieb "Boian Mitov" <mitov at mitov.com>:

>   Hi Sven,
>
> Thank you!
> This is all great news. I perfectly understand, and I also support some
open source projects.
> However the dynamic packages have been in the works for at least 5-6
years if I recall.

There wasn't that much work that went into packages till I started to work
on it last summer. There was a stub to parse package files and the Win32
has support for indirect entry information (used for starting the program)
which is needed for packages, but other than that there wasn't much anyway.
I you want to stay updated, then keep an eye on my branch in
/branches/svenbarth/packages.

> If the product does not catch up on at least some of those items, it
simply will become irrelevant :-( . It will be a shame after all the great
effort that has already gone into it if.

I think you overstate the importance of these features versus the user base
we already have without them. I agree that they are all nice to have, but I
don't believe that we'd become irrelevant if we don't have them. We are too
big already I'd say.

Regards,
Sven