[fpc-devel] MIPS big-endian program starts but does nothing

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:25:44 CEST 2014

On 07/09/2014 23:12, Nikolai Zhubr wrote:
> 07.09.2014 15:50, Florian Klämpfl:
>> Is gdb or strace available on this system?
>
> Yes. Both strace and gdb packages are available in openwrt (at least in
> the latest official release),
Yes, I've got both of them installed as well as binutils.

strace ./hellomips
execve("./hellomips", ["./hellomips"], [/* 11 vars */]) = 0

that's it.

and
gdb ./hellomips

dlopen failed on 'libthread_db.so.1' - File not found
GDB will not be able to debug pthreads.

GNU gdb 6.8
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "mips-openwrt-linux"...
(no debugging symbols found)
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usbstorage/backup/hellomips

I could recompile everything to use e.g. dwarf2 - remember doing that
before but I think gdb complained about something else then. Still,
happy to give it a go.