[fpc-devel] MIPS big-endian program starts but does nothing

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 6 22:38:40 CEST 2014

Am 06.09.2014 11:27 schrieb "Reinier Olislagers" <
reinierolislagers at gmail.com>:
> program hellomips;
>
> {$mode objfpc}
> // let's use short strings {.$H+}
>
> {not$DEFINE UseCThreads} //otherwise it seems we get pthreads which gdb
> can't debug
> uses
>   {$IFDEF UNIX}{$IFDEF UseCThreads}
>   cthreads,
>   {$ENDIF}{$ENDIF}
>   Classes
>   ;
>
> begin
>   writeln('hello mips');
> end.

Would you please as a test remove the Classes unit as well? It does some
rather heavyweight initialization (which I noticed during getting m68k back
to life).

> with options
>  -MObjFPC -Scghi -Tlinux -Pmips -CpMIPS32R2 -Xs -vewnhibq
> -Filib\mips-linux -Fu. -FUlib\mips-linux -l

Are you sure "mips" is the big endian version? (I don't remember whether
it's mips and mipsle or mipsbe and nips...)

Additionally a simple Helloworld binary like that should not have any
library dependencies (FPC's RTL normally uses syscalls directly on Linux
after all). Would you please check with the mips objdump whether this is
really the case?

Regards,
Sven